- Grew up in Gonzales, Texas
- Holds 2 degrees from Texas A & M University; one in English and a 2nd with a double major of Political Science and History
- Earned his doctorate of jurisprudence from Baylor Law School
- Member of the 2005 Leadership Lab class of the North San Antonio Chamber
- Named the Outstanding Attorney for Estate Planning by the San Antonio Business Journal in 2011
- Four-time Five Star Wealth Manager award winner
- Taught advanced estate planning at St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Married to Lori; dad to Colton, Phoebe and Wyatt
- Raises and shows cutting horses and reined cow horses
- Enjoys going fishing with anyone who will take him
While in law school, my friends asked me, “Do you really want to write wills and trusts for the rest of your life?” All these years later, I love my work. I started this in 1992. My first client is still a client. I still help her. I have not tired of making documents. But, whereas some of my classmates burned out quickly with all the fighting and litigation they go through, I look forward to my daily work.
My clients are people who love other people. They want to take care of their loved ones now, and make sure their loved ones are taken care of when they pass. My clients want to make things simple and easy for those they leave behind. They want peace of mind and they want to promote harmony.
Every day people tell me their life stories and tell me their dreams and goals. What a blessing for me to have heard all these stories. I have learned so much from my clients, and it is my honor to help them accomplish their wishes.